With cold weather upon us, we thought it important to share information with you regarding weather-related school closings.
if the school is canceled for any reason, including bad or severe weather or an emergency, Confluence makes announcements in several ways to reach you as quickly and as effectively as possible.
Closings are announced through:
- The website for Confluence Academies (www.confluenceacademy.org)
- Local TV stations such as KTVI FOX 2, KMOV Ch. 4 and KSDK Ch. 5, including ABC 30 and News 11
- Autodial phone calls to families at phone numbers on file
- School Social Media pages - CPA, Old North, South City, Aspire Academy, and GCAA
- Twitter - @Confluence_Acad
- Email to Confluence staff
- Email to Confluence Families
- Messages on the Parent Portal
We will also announce early dismissals from school using many of these methods.
The decision to cancel school, particularly for severe winter weather, is generally made by 5:00 a.m. on the day of concern. We begin notifying our school communities as soon as possible after a decision is made.
NOTE: Make-up days will be used if school is canceled for any reason, including weather. The days are added to the end of the school year, typically in late May and early June. The days are listed on the academic calendar.